Funfani.com - Spreading Fun All Over!

INFORMATION CLUB => Technical Tips => Topic started by: Vatsal on December 27, 2005, 08:50:01 AM

Title: Make Acrobat Reader load faster
Post by: Vatsal on December 27, 2005, 08:50:01 AM
Make Acrobat Reader load faster

My Acrobat 5 Reader installation started acting up again and I was dreading the move to ver6 especially after all the troubles I had from installing it the last time around. However, Darrell Norton came to the rescue with a great little trick to make Acrobat 6 load as fast as the old ver5:
It is all the plug-ins that are enabled by default slowing Acrobat reader down. After removing all but 3, it loads pretty much instantly.

Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader (replace the C if you installed on another drive, like I did).
Create a new folder called plug_ins_disabled.
Move all files from the plug_ins folder to the plug_ins_disabled folder except EWH32.api, printme.api, and search.api. There should only be these 3 files in the plug_ins folder.
You're done.

The trick works great and changed my Acrobat startup time from 15-25 secs to about 2 secs and I don't really think I'm missing any real essential functionality.

do not move EWH32.api, printme.api, and search.api files.