Chocolate mousse is one of my favorite desserts, but this popular dessert is usually quite unhealthy (I guess that's why it's so delicious!). I still want to enjoy chocolate mousse, but I know that I'm doing my body a disservice by wolfing down cup after cup.
That is why I'm so glad I found this recipe, that only uses a handful of ingredients to turn this great tasting treat into a healthy snack, and it only takes 5 minutes to make! This version is still delicious, but is also highly nutritious, as well as low on calories.
⅓ cup almond milk
1 ripe avocado
1 ripe banana, peeled
1 handful fresh berries
1 handful sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
Preparation:
Remove the skin and pit from the avocado and put the rest in the blender, then add the almond milk.
(http://800018.xyz/files/funzug/imgs/recipes/chocolate_mousse_recipe_02.jpg)
Add the banana, cacao powder, and vanilla extract to the blender.
(http://800018.xyz/files/funzug/imgs/recipes/chocolate_mousse_recipe_02.jpg)
Blend until the mixture is smooth.
(http://800018.xyz/files/funzug/imgs/recipes/chocolate_mousse_recipe_03.jpg)
Scoop into a mousse cup and top with sunflower seeds, berries, and chocolate chips.
(http://800018.xyz/files/funzug/imgs/recipes/chocolate_mousse_recipe_04.jpg)
How simple was THAT?
Enjoy!
(http://800018.xyz/files/funzug/imgs/recipes/chocolate_mousse_recipe_05.jpg)